Manager, Programs & Events
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce Inc. (SACCNY) is a private membership organization founded in 1906.
We are now looking for a Manager of Programs & Events, responsible for SACCNY’s high-profile events. The position has a key role within the organization and will work closely
with and report directly to the President.
• Plan, organize, promote and execute a high-profile events agenda that includes
conferences, seminars, gala dinners, speaker luncheons, and other programs and social
• Identify new event opportunities, recruit speakers, and influence event participation
• Develop and maintain relations with sponsors
• Conduct negotiations with venues and vendors
• Develop and manage budgets, as well as follow up on results
Preferred skills and abilities:
• 3-5 years of experience in events management or marketing communications
• Degree in international business, public relations, or marketing
• Proven event budgeting skills and effectiveness in contract negotiations
• Must thrive in a multi-task environment and should have excellent organizational skills,
be able to manage multiple tasks with attention to details
• Excellent social skills and understanding of business culture and etiquette in Sweden and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swedish
• Proficiency in programs such as InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
• U.S. work permit – a MUST!
Please send your application, including cover letter and résumé, to Linnea Harris, at email@example.com.
For more information about SACC New York, please visit: www.saccny.org