The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce has opened applications for the following positions:
– An Accounting Associate
– An Writer/Graphic Design Intern
Please find job descriptions below:
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, SACCNY, and its subsidiary GatewayUSA is looking to strengthen its Business Service Office (BSO) with a team member that will be working closely with the Chamber’s Finance Manager. You will be responsible for all accounting related matters for Gateway, our new innovation platform and co-working space for Swedish entrepreneurs looking to establish a presence in the US. You will also assume responsibility for some of BSO’s present clients, developing your own client base and be responsible for our CRM system.
* Independently manage all accounting matters related to GatewayUSA, LLC
* Produce monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis for BSO clients
* Ownership of SACCNY’s CRM system
* Relevant educational background
* A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role
* Firm understanding of US GAAP
*Proficiency in QuickBooks – preferably both Desktop and Online versions
*Sound knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
*Interest and knowledge in new systems, and to own the entire accounting flow
*You are structured, analytical, quality conscious with a good eye for details, and can keep records and files organized
*Must be a team player, but also have the capability to work independently and meet your deadlines
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
*Valid US Employment Authorization
What we offer
Competitive salary with a generous benefit package
SACCNY’s brand new offices are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan
For application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WRITER/GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, New York (SACCNY) is looking for a native English speaker for an Editor and Graphic Design internship position. You will mainly work with content and design for the magazine “In New York”, which is distributed in print and digitally to all our members and extended network in Sweden and the U.S. five times a year, but also assist with content for other marketing material purposes.
You will be responsible for the full production process of the magazine and work closely with the Head of Communications and initiate and keep contact with all participants, and interviewees such as renowned CEOs and founders of SACCNY’s member companies and other key players in our network, including politicians, entrepreneurs and investors.
- Manage the creation process of “In New York” from start to finish
- Plan, gather and create engaging and relevant material and content for each issue (the direction for content will be guided by the SACCNY team)
- Research, write, proofread, and copy-edit all content in the magazine including President’s editorials, articles, news items, company features, and one-on-one interviews as well as assist with texts for other marketing purposes such as digital newsletters, invitations etc.
- Contact and coordinate with participating and featured companies and business professionals
- Create the editorial layout and design of the magazine in InDesign
- Upload the magazine issues and articles digitally on SACCNY’s website
- Undergraduate or graduate specializing in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant programs
- Interest in communications work in a nonprofit setting
- Native English speaker
- Excellent skills in InDesign and an aesthetic eye
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and deadlines, and the ability to manage a project from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, and professionally
- You do not have to have any connection to Sweden, however, an interest to learn more about Swedish business and culture is essential
Job type: Full-time Internship (1 year)
Starting Date: January 2019
Please send your resumé along with a few writing samples to: email@example.com
INTERESTED IN MORE ARTICLES?
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACCNY) produces and publishes well-read articles which reach the Chamber’s entire membership and extended. Content is focused on Swedish-American business and ranges from in-depth interviews with industry leaders to topical articles relevant to startups and young entrepreneurs.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SACCNY
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in New York (SACCNY) is a non-governmental organization with a mission is to promote, advance and protect commercial and professional relations between Sweden and the United States. Read more about our services and members.