The Division of Business Services oversees the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce New York’s business and professional client relations, providing guidance, B2B networking and similar services primarily to assist members and new businesses to thrive in the US market.
Business Services acts as the primary manager for Gateway, a newly developed co-working, conferencing and events space with the mission to provide a soft landing and launching pad for growing scaleup companies, primarily of Swedish and Scandinavian origin. Gateway also seeks to offer a regular and robust roster of innovation and leadership events, including workshops, speaker events, hackathons, innovation roundtables, etc.
In addition, Business Services designs, plans, develops and executes the yearly Innovate46 Conference (I46) at Nasdaq in coordination with several Public and Private Sector Swedish business development agencies and organizations. Conference and event space is available for occupancy and is used by SACCNY members as well as other professionals seeking a high end professional and business platform in the New York City tri-state area.
Business Services is currently growing and developing a series of business acceleration programs primarily for the benefit of Swedish and Scandinavian professionals and scaleup and startup businesses, offering an intensive week-long program covering areas in pitch training, US legal, regulatory and establishment practices, go-to market strategy guidance and more.
Business Services Director role and responsibilities
The Director of Business Services reports directly to and works closely with the SACCNY/Gateway President. As well, the Director of Business Services works closely with the organization’s Gateway Manager, who is responsible for the successful development and management of Gateway, including desk and studio office occupancy and sales, conference room and event space occupancy and sales, as well as innovation events, programming and offerings. The Business Services Director is responsible for
- The development and oversight of yearly Business Services in coordination with the SACCNY/Gateway President,
- The Gateway Operational Budgets in coordination with the Gateway Manager,
- The oversight, guidance, work-plan and assignment of all SACCNY Business Services team employees, including scholars, trainees and interns,
- Ensuring the successful development and implementation of the yearly Innovate46 Conference. With help from members of the Communications and Events teams, the Business Services Director designs, develops and coordinates all areas of this important project, including identifying and inviting speakers, panelist, moderators, etc. Additional responsibilities for I46 include securing sponsorships, successfully disseminating information, media and other coverages, attendance, and more,
- The development and successful provision of Business Service’s programs and services, including Acceleration Week Programs.
The Business Services Director shall endeavor to grow relevance of SACCNY services and programs with the purpose of optimally serving existing, as well as increasing future membership.
Experience and Skill
- Is a high energy and self-motivated team player with a passion for innovation and small business development,
- Is a sales and customer service oriented individual with a keen sense of the growing and highly charged innovation and start-up sector in Sweden and Scandinavia, as well as the equivalent sector in New York City and the US,
- Must have strong oral and written skills,
- Has strong fluency in the Swedish language,
- Has experience and aptitude with organizational budget and oversight, as well as basic contract oversight,
- Is a natural leader with the ability and proven track record and experience to multi-task, think ahead and creatively fulfill the duties outlined above.
Compensation and Benefits
SACCNY offers a competitive salary and compensation package, including full benefits and the ability to opt-in to the company pension plan. Candidate must be eligible to work in the US and have a residency permit.
Applications must be received no later than August 31, 2019. Please send your application, including a cover letter and resume to Olof Bruno at: email@example.com.
INTERESTED IN MORE ARTICLES?
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACCNY) produces and publishes well-read articles which reach the Chamber’s entire membership and extended. Content is focused on Swedish-American business and ranges from in-depth interviews with industry leaders to topical articles relevant to startups and young entrepreneurs.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SACCNY
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in New York (SACCNY) is a non-governmental organization with a mission is to promote, advance and protect commercial and professional relations between Sweden and the United States. Read more about our services and members.