DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF ACCELERATING INTERNATIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, INNOVATION & IMPACT IN NEW YORK? DO YOU SEE WHERE HOSPITALITY AND SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE NEW ECONOMY?
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, New York (SACCNY) is looking for a Gateway Community and Events Manager, with a start date in July/August, 2021. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, but do not need to speak Swedish.
SACCNY is the largest and oldest Swedish Chamber of Commerce in the world, with 114 years of serving and supporting Swedish businesses wanting to thrive on the U.S. market. With an updated mission to act as an indispensable support arm for internationalizing Swedish entrepreneurship and innovation, SACCNY recently launched Gateway – a State-of-the-Art innovation hub and co-working space aimed at providing Swedish and Nordic businesses a unique soft landing and launch platform on to the U.S. market, while welcoming American and international innovation driven small business into the community. In addition to offering coworking and similar professional amenities within our 20,000 square foot platform located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, SACCNY curates and hosts a series of notable programs and events, including Impact Track, Acceleration Programs, and Innovation Nights, as well as annual conferences such as Innovate46, Sustainology Summit, and the Executive Women’s Conference, and much more.
As the Gateway Community and Events Manager, you will be responsible for supporting our incredible community of entrepreneurs through managing and improving the day-to-day presentation and activities at Gateway. You will be the primary point of contact for the platform and work closely with the rest of the SACCNY team, building, staff and our members while putting your passion for hospitality and venue management to its full potential.
What you will do:
• Build a welcoming and collaborative community, and create synergies amongst our member companies and the SACCNY staff
• Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management and facilities operations of Gateway
• Responsible for ensuring the professional and hospitable presentation and daily provision and operations of the co-working and conference facility, including a stocked and always clean and organized kitchen, café, gym, conference, events and professional co-working facility for member use and event hosting.
• Serve as the main contact for site operations, vendors and support services, such as caterers, cleaning and maintenance providers, food and office supply purveyors, and more.
• Responsible for onboarding and support services for existing and new members, including managing rental contracts, administrative tasks and logistics , and other hospitality related support services
• Responsible for ordering, tracking and stocking inventory, such as kitchen and office supplies
• Responsible for regular communication and information dissemination to site members as relates to events, site and operational updates, building regulations, emergency protocols and drills, Holiday schedules, etc.
• Manage and help further develop member network activities and events
• Responsible for the organization and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, including details for scheduled pick-ups and drop offs
• Support the rest of the SACCNY team as necessary
Who we are looking for:
• You have a passion for hospitality and customer service
• You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where no task is too big or too small
• You have strong organizational skills and are used to working on multiple projects at the same time
• You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in Swedish is not required).
Job type: Full-time. Start Date: Summer, 2021
Office Location: Gateway, 900 Third Avenue, Floor 29. New York, NY, 10022
Visa requirement: you must be eligible to work in the United States
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.