DO YOU WANT TO ACCELERATE SWEDISH ENTREPRENEURSHIP, INNOVATION & IMPACT IN NEW YORK?
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, New York (SACCNY) is looking for Business Services Interns with a start date in the spring or fall of 2021. The internship will allow young professionals to work to promote and enhance trade, commerce, and other business relations between Sweden and the U.S. for a period of six to twelve months.
SACCNY is the largest and oldest Swedish Chamber of Commerce internationally, with 114 years of serving and supporting Swedish businesses to thrive on the U.S. market. With a new mission to act as the indispensable support arm for internationalizing Swedish entrepreneurship and innovation, SACCNY recently launched Gateway – a State-of-the-Art innovation hub and co-working space aimed at providing Swedish and Nordic businesses a unique soft landing and launch platform on to the U.S. market. In addition, SACCNY curates and hosts a series of notable programs and events, including Impact Track, Acceleration Programs, Impact Investing, and Business Matchmaking, as well as annual conferences such as Innovate46, Sustainology Summit, and the Executive Women’s Conference, and much more!
As a Business Services Intern, you will work to understand synergies between startups, scaleups, large corporations and non-profits. You will also support both new and established Swedish businesses to execute on their U.S. expansion strategy. By the end of the program, interns will have gained unparalleled insight into, and knowledge of, the U.S. business environment and Swedish-American exchanges. Additionally, Interns will develop an invaluable network of both senior-level Swedish and American business executives and entrepreneurs connected to the chamber.
What you will do:
- Take on a leading role in developing various strategic growth initiatives including acceleration programs and business matchmaking
- Plan, organize, and execute summits and seminars that aim to promote Swedish innovation and entrepreneurship
- Work closely with our members to identify and establish key partnerships in the U.S. in a broad range of industries including financial services, life sciences, and retail
- Conduct negotiations with members, clients and partners
- Continue to reinvent SACCNY’s value proposition using data-driven insights
- Create and follow up on forecasts, budgets and KPIs
Who we are looking for:
- An interest in the startup ecosystem, business development, strategic marketing and internationalization
- An interest in sustainability and a passion for making an impact
- A creative and analytical problem solver with a data-driven mindset
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where no task is too big or too small
- You have excellent organizational skills, pay close attention to details and deadlines, and can manage projects from start to finish
- A strong public speaker with proficient interpersonal and teamwork skills
- You are pursuing, or have completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree (BSc or MSc) specializing in business, finance, marketing or other relevant degrees
- You have experience working in an international environment and are excited about the prospect of living and working in New York City
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in Swedish is not required)
Job type: Full-time or part-time (6 to 12 months). Start Date: Spring or Fall 2021
Office Location: Due to current Covid-19 visa delays and restrictions, the internship might start remote.