The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in New York (SACCNY) is looking for a Business Services Intern to join our team for a 1-year internship starting January 2022. As a Business Services Intern you will support both new and established Swedish businesses to execute on their U.S. expansion strategies, and work to identify and leverage synergies between startups, scaleups, large corporations and non-profits. You will gain unparalleled insight into the U.S. business environment and Swedish-American exchanges, and develop an invaluable network of Swedish and American business executives and entrepreneurs.
SACCNY is the largest and oldest Swedish Chamber of Commerce internationally, with 114 years of serving and supporting Swedish businesses to thrive on the U.S. market. With a new mission to act as the indispensable support arm for internationalizing Swedish entrepreneurship and innovation, SACCNY recently launched Gateway – a State-of-the-Art innovation hub and co-working space aimed at providing Swedish and Nordic businesses a unique soft landing and launch platform on to the U.S. market. In addition, SACCNY curates and hosts a series of notable programs and events, including Impact Track, Acceleration Programs, Impact Investing, and Business Matchmaking, as well as annual conferences such as InnovateNordics, the Executive Women’s Conference, and much more!
• Take on a leading role in developing various strategic growth initiatives including acceleration programs and business matchmaking for Swedish companies looking to expand to the U.S. market
• Plan, organize, and execute summits and seminars that aim to promote Swedish innovation and entrepreneurship
• Work closely with our members to identify and establish key partnerships in the U.S. in a broad range of industries including financial services, life sciences, and retail
• Continue to reinvent SACCNY’s value proposition using data-driven insights
• Interested in the startup ecosystem, business development, strategic marketing and internationalization
• A creative and analytical problem solver with a data-driven mindset
• A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where no task is too big or too small
• An excellent organizer who pays close attention to details & deadlines and can manage projects from start to finish
• A strong public speaker with proficient interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Pursuing, or have completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree (BSc or MSc), specializing in finance, marketing or another relevant field
• Experienced in working in an international environment and excited to be living and working in New York City
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in Swedish is not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Gateway, 900 Third Avenue, Floor 29. New York, NY, 10022
Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2021.
Note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.