The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in New York (SACCNY) is looking for a Communications Intern to join our team for a 1-year internship starting January 2023. As a Communications Intern you will play a key role in developing and executing SACCNY’s communications strategy, and work closely with and report directly to our President. You will gain unparalleled insight into the U.S. business environment and Swedish-American exchanges, and develop an invaluable network of Swedish and American business executives and entrepreneurs.
SACCNY is the largest and oldest Swedish Chamber of Commerce internationally, with 116 years of serving and supporting Swedish businesses to thrive on the U.S. market. With a new mission to act as the indispensable support arm for internationalizing Swedish entrepreneurship and innovation, SACCNY recently launched Gateway – a State-of-the-Art innovation hub and co-working space aimed at providing Swedish and Nordic businesses a unique soft landing and launch platform on to the U.S. market. In addition, SACCNY curates and hosts a series of notable programs and events, including Impact Track, Acceleration Programs, Impact Investing, and Business Matchmaking, as well as annual conferences such as InnovateNordics, the Executive Women’s Conference, and much more!
• Device and execute on a communication strategy
• Develop photos and multimedia assets
• Update and maintain the Chamber’s website and social media
• Produce our monthly member newsletter
• Develop publications, invitations and member materials
• Develop and maintain relationships with sponsors
• Maintain contacts with press and media
• Sell ads for website, newsletters, and other publications and reports
• Monitor and report website traffic statistics
• Pursuing, or have completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree (BSc or MSc) in business, specializing in marketing or another relevant field
• A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where no task is too big or too small
• Equipped with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swedish
• An excellent organizer who pays close attention to details & deadlines and can manage projects from start to finish
• A strong public speaker with proficient interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Experienced in producing print and online materials with proficiency in programs such as InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
• Experienced in working in an international environment and excited to be living and working in New York City
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Gateway, 900 Third Avenue, Floor 29. New York, NY, 10022
Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 1.
Note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.